Back at the beginning of 2011, I made an unofficial and unspoken New Year’s resolution to read more. My primary plan for doing this was to simply read for a few minutes before going to sleep at night rather than opening up hulu to watch my favorite show or just close my eyes to sleep. So, was the resolution a success? What did I read? Can I share an in depth and insightful analysis of each book?
Yes, I think that it was a success, and if you know my history of book-reading, you’ll be surprised that the list is longer than 1 :)
Here’s what I was able to make it through this year, in order of completion:
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- HTML 5 for Web Designers by Jeremy Keith
- The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
- CSS3 for Web Designers by Dan Cederholm
- Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper
- The Elements of Content Strategy by Erin Kissane
- Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marchotte
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Designing for Emotion by Aarron Walter
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
Finally, I intentionally titled this post with “list” rather than “review,” but if you have specific question about a book, feel free to comment. And FYI, I’d recommend any of the books above to a friend.